04/07/2021 Pre Market Brief
You can support the author of this blog by subscribing to Webull and beginning your trading journey with a successful deposit of $100. CLICK HERE (Trade from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern). Or you can donate HERE.
All the news that happened while the market was closed. Register your email above or follow on Twitter to receive this report every morning. Understand that this is aimed to help you but you are ultimately responsible for verifying the veracity and timing of the information below.
Published 3:00 AM / Updated 4:00 AM (No Further Overnight Updates for Today: For Webull Users the Markets are Now Open). Next update 3:00 AM Tomorrow.
1) MARKET FUTURES:
- US FUTURES MARKET
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS & MARKETS
- Asia Stocks Set for Steady Open; Treasuries Rose: Markets Wrap
2) TUESDAY 04/06/2021 MARKET RECAP:
- 07:00 AM MBA Mortgage Applications 02/APR
- 07:00 AM MBA 30-Year Mortgage Rate 02/APR
- 08:30 AM Balance of Trade FEB
- 08:30 AM Exports FEB
- 08:30 AM Imports FEB
- 09:00 AM Fed Evans Speech
- 10:00 AM G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting
- 10:30 AM EIA Gasoline Stocks Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Cushing Crude Oil Stocks Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Crude Oil Stocks Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Distillate Stocks Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Gasoline Production Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Distillate Fuel Production Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Heating Oil Stocks Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Refinery Crude Runs Change 02/APR
- 10:30 AM EIA Crude Oil Imports Change 02/APR
- 12:00 PM Fed Barkins Speech
- 02:00 PM FOMC Minutes
- 03:00 PM Consumer Credit Change FEB
4) OVERNIGHT NEWS HEADING INTO TUESDAY 04/07/2021:
(Stock News Possibly Yet to be Traded 8:00 PM Tuesday – 4:00 AM Wednesday EST)
- MCAD Better Therapeutics Said to Be in Talks With Mountain Crest SPAC
- JNPR China’s Largest Carrier-Neutral Data Center Service Provider 21Vianet Selects Juniper Networks to Power Expanded Interconnected Data Center
- TMDX TransMedics Announces Positive FDA Advisory Committee Vote for OCS Heart System
- OXY Occidental CEO Hollub opposes a carbon tax despite rivals’ support for idea
- MS Morgan Stanley Sold Part of Archegos Holdings Before Most Rivals
- UPST Upstart Announces Follow-on Offering
- MRNA Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Being Rolled Out in U.K. for First Time
- BMY PsiOxus Therapeutics Updates Agreement with Bristol Myers Squibb to Advance their Clinical Stage Immuno-Oncology Collaboration
- V One Billion Additional Touch-free Visa Payments Made as Consumers Embrace Contactless Commerce
- FGEN AZN AKBA FDA AdCom to review FibroGen’s roxadustat application on July 15
- BINV BioInvent receives IND approval for Phase I/IIa trial of anti-TNFR2 antibody BI-1808
- BLK Amundi Agrees to Buy SocGen’s Lyxor in $980 Million Deal
- RDS Shell first quarter 2021 update note
- COIN Coinbase’s Nasdaq Listing Fuels Frenzy in Korean Crypto Stocks
- KKR KKR and DTCP Roll Out Fiber Infrastructure in the Netherlands
- CAHC LumiraDx, a Next-Generation Point of Care Diagnostics Testing Company to List on Nasdaq via Merger with CA Healthcare Acquisition Corp
- EBON Ebang International Responds to Short Seller Report
- UMC UMC Reports Sales for March 2021
- NIU NIU Technologies reveals Global Strategy and Product Launch to target the urban micromobility segment in the United States, Europe, and China
- CVX Chevron and Hokkaido Gas, Sign LNG Agreement
(Stock News from 4:00 PM Tuesday – 8:00 PM Wednesday EST)
- TPCO Tribune Journalists Near Improbable Win in Quest for New Owners
- NNOX NANO-X IMAGING LTD Files 2020 Annual Report on Form 20-F
- FGEN FibroGen Announces FDA Advisory Committee to Review Roxadustat New Drug Application Tentatively Scheduled for July 15, 2021
- NUVA NuVasive’s Simplify Disc wins FDA approval for cervical total disc replacement
- AMAT Applied Materials Mapped Out Its Future. Investors Sold the Stock.
- AMAT Applied Materials Showcases Unique Capabilities to Accelerate Innovation and Drive Long-Term Profitable Growth
- LGHI LGI Homes Reports Record Breaking March and First Quarter 2021 Home Closings and Announces Date for First Quarter Earnings Conference Call
- LLY INCY FDA extends review period for Eli Lilly, Incyte’s baricitinib atopic dermatitis sNDA
- MAXN Maxeon Solar sinks after guiding Q1 revenues below consensus
- SNR New Senior Provides Company Update
- PAC Aeroportuario del Pacifico reports 4.6% decline in March passengers traffic
- MEC Mayville Engineering announces new strategic customer relationship
- ACAD After FDA Rejects Acadia Dementia Drug, Analysts Lament Lack Of Near-term Stock Drivers
- DEI Douglas Emmett Announces Dates for Its 2021 First Quarter Earnings Results and Live Conference Call
- JBHT J.B. Hunt Transport Services Announces First Quarter 2021 Earnings Release Date and Conference Call Information
- BOH Bank of Hawaii Conference Call to Discuss First Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- ADXS Form 8-K: On April 5, 2021, Advaxis issued a press release announcing an agreement with Columbia University Irving Medical Center to fund a Phase 1 clinical study evaluating ADXS-504 in patients..
- LFMD Form 8-K: Unregistered Sales of Equity Securities. The relevant information in Item 5.02 on this Current Report on Form 8-K, regarding the Severance Shares is incorporated herein by reference. T..
- GRPN Form 8-K: Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement. The information contained in Item 8.01 of this Current Report on Form 8-K under the heading “Additional Capped Call Transactions” is incorpo..
- EBON Ebang International Announces Closing of Follow-on Public Offering
- CWST Casella Waste Systems to Host Conference Call on its First Quarter 2021 Results; and to Present at Upcoming Investor Event
- AGI Alamos Gold Provides Notice of First Quarter 2021 Results and Conference Call, and Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- WFG West Fraser Announces Redemption of Norbord Notes due 2027
- LGF Form 8-K: Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement. On April 6, 2021, Lions Gate Capital Holdings, entered into Amendment No. 4 to that certain Credit and Guarantee Agreement dated as of Decemb..
- PRTS Henry Maier, President & CEO of FedEx Ground, Joins CarParts Board
- BBIO BridgeBio Pharma Reports Inducement Grants under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- LPI Form 8-K: Results of Operations and Financial Condition.Below are preliminary results of the Company’s production for the three months ended March 31, 2021. The Company previously provided expect..
- CLM CRF Cornerstone Strategic Value Fund Announces Rights Offering
- BCEL Atreca to Present at Upcoming Virtual Investor Conferences
- COIN Coinbase Sees Profit at Least $730 Million Before Direct Listing
- SBUX Starbucks Is Seeing More Demand For Oat Milk Than It Can Meet
- DYNT Insider purchasing 04/05/2021
- GNW Genworth Announces Termination of Merger Agreement with Oceanwide
- GNCA Genocea to Present at the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference
- BSRC Form 8-K: Entry Into a Material Definitive Agreement. On April 4, 2021, BioSolar entered into a securities purchase agreement with the purchaser set forth on the signature page thereto for the p..
- BLBX Form 8-K: Results of Operations and Financial Condition. On April 5, 2021, Blackboxstocks issued a press release announcing its financial results for the year ended December 31, 2020. A copy of ..
- XTNT Form S-3 (registration statement under securities act of 1933) filed with the SEC
- CRHM Form 8-K: Litigation Related to the Arrangement As previously announced, on February 6, 2021, CRH Medical entered into a definitive Arrangement Agreement with WELL Health Technologies Corp. , WE..
- WTER Form 8-K: Unregistered Sales of Equity Securities On March 31, 2021, we granted an aggregate of 1,990,000 stock options to certain directors, officers, consultants and employees for the purchase..
- CCNC Form 8-K: Completion of Acquisition or Disposition of Assets. As previously disclosed, on March 30, 2021, Code Chain New Continent entered into a share purchase agreement with a buyer unaffiliat..
- AIRI Form 8-K: Regulation FD Disclosure On April 6, 2021, Air Industries Group issued a press release announcing that it had received purchase orders in excess of $6 million for major components of l..
- BASX Form 8-K: Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement. Second Amendment to Exchange Agreement Basic Energy Services is party to that certain Exchange Agreement, dated March 9, 2020, and that Firs..
- DOCN DMS EWTX VRCA PFSI CASI CLI GMS RSG RCUS FRME AVO OHI VZIO Last Week’s Notable Insider Buys: PennyMac Financial, Republic Services And More
- DYNT Insider Purchases
—STOCK UPGRADES & DOWNGRADES
- VRNT Verint Announces Upsize and Pricing of Offering of Convertible Senior Notes
- PANA Panacea Acquisition Corp. II Announces Pricing of $150,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- XOMA XOMA Prices $35 Million Offering of Depositary Shares
- BLMN Bloomin’ Brands Announces Pricing of $300 Million of Senior Notes Due 2029
- UNIT Uniti Group Announces Pricing of Senior Secured Notes Offering
- TRTN Triton International prices $600M notes offering
- VRNT Form 8-K: Unregistered Sale of Equity Securities On April 6, 2021, Verint Systems closed the second tranche of the previously announced strategic partnership with Valor Buyer LP, an affiliate of ..
- IONS Ionis proposes private placement of 500M of convertible notes
- ACTG Form 8-K: Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement. Second Supplemental Agreement As previously reported, on November 18, 2019, Acacia Research entered into a Securities Purchase Agreement wit..
- ENVA Form 8-K: ENTRY INTO A MATERIAL DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT On March 31, 2021, OnDeck Asset Funding II, amended its asset-backed revolving debt facility to modify the Credit Agreement, dated as of Augu..
- BOMN Form 8-K: REGULATION FD DISCLOSURE On April 6, 2021, the Company issued a press release entitled “Boston Omaha Announces Closing of Public Offering of Class A Common Stock, Including Full Exerci..
- FTFT Form 8-K: Regulation FD Disclosure. On April 6, 2021, Future Fintech Group issued a press release announcing the closing of its previously announced registered direct offering with certain insti..
- LI Li Auto Announces Proposed Offering of US$750 Million Convertible Senior Notes
5) POSSIBLE DIP BUYING OPPORTUNITIES:
6) OTHER NEWS
- NFLX SEC Obtains Emergency Asset Freeze, Charges Actor with Operating a $690 Million Ponzi Scheme
- DKNG RSI PENN MGM MSGE New York Could Soon Legalize Sports Betting: A Look At Potential Winners And Losers
- NMTR FGEN PHR MAXN FIXX 6 Stocks Moving In Tuesday’s After-Hours Session
- TSLA GCEI PLUG ENPH MORN ETFs to Play Biden’s Push for Green Infrastructure
- TMDX How Jonah Lupton Expects TransMedics Group Stock To React To FDA Decision
- The U.S. Cut its Oil Supply Outlook While OPEC+ Boosts Output
- CS Credit Suisse Isn’t Out Of The Woods Yet
- CS Credit Suisse Scandal Toll Goes Ever Higher as Rivals Thrive
- WM Are Walmart+ Subscriptions Stagnating? One Analyst Thinks So
- Treasury Bears Eye Tax Talks as Trigger for Yields to Rise Again
- VIPS GS GSX MS Options Traders Preparing for ‘Bounce’ in Archegos-Linked Stocks
- 51 Biggest Movers From Yesterday
7) UPCOMING EARNINGS:
- WED 4/7 Lamb Weston Holdings releases earnings.
- WED 4/7 The Federal Open Market Committee releases the minutes from its mid-March monetary-policy meeting.
- WED 4/7 Costco Wholesale reports sales data for March.
- WED 4/7 Lumen Technologies, formerly known as CenturyLink, holds an analyst day. Lumen’s President and CEO Jeff Storey, among others, will discuss strategies to grow the company.
- WED 4/7 Advanced Micro Devices and Xilinx hold special shareholder meetings to seek approval for their proposed merger, first announced in October. AMD has agreed to buy Xilinx in an all-stock transaction valued at about $35 billion.
- THURS 4/8 Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva discuss the global economy at the 2021 spring meetings of the IMF and World Bank Group.
- THURS 4/8 Conagra Brands, Constellation Brands, and Levi Strauss report quarterly results.
- THURS 4/8 The Department of Labor reports initial jobless claims for the week ending on April 3. The four-week moving average of jobless claims this past week was 719,000, the lowest since March of last year.
- THURS 4/8 The Federal Reserve reports consumer credit data for February. Total outstanding consumer credit stands at $4.18 trillion, slightly lower than the all-time peak of $4.21 trillion set in February of last year. In 2020, consumer credit remained essentially unchanged, the first year that it didn’t expand since 2008.
- FRI 4/9 The BLS reports the producer price index for March. Expectations are for a 0.5% month-over-month rise, matching the February increase
I provide this information for free. But if you like this information and wish to help me out, Join Webull, make a $100 deposit, and receive two free stocks. You can also make a one time donation.
- Commission Free Trades
- Commission Free Options
- Commission Free Shorting on the Most Liquid Securities
- Free Stocks for Joining and Depositing
- Built in Forum and News Feed
- Lend your Long Shares to Shorts for Passive Profit
- Great Charting and Analysis Tools
- Built in Stock Screener
- Transfer is Easy. If your Funds and Stocks are Settled you can Transfer Easily from one Broker to the Next.
- Transfer reimbursement (Up to a limited amount)
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a registered investment adviser, broker dealer, or member of any other association for research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever and I am NOT qualified to give financial advice. Investing/Trading in securities, particularly microcap securities, is highly speculative and carries and extremely high degree of risk. The information, analysis, and opinions listed above are my own and may not properly reflect the underlying conditions of a company or security. You should do your own Due Diligence. If you trade based on anything I have written YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY for your own trades and actions and hold the author of this publication harmless. If that isn’t clear enough DO NOT TRADE, ACT, OR INVEST, BASED UPON ANYTHING I WRITE OR RECOMMEND. There, we should be solid now.