04/06/2021 Pre Market Brief
You can support the author of this blog by subscribing to Webull and beginning your trading journey with a successful deposit of $100. CLICK HERE (Trade from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern). Or you can donate HERE.
All the news that happened while the market was closed. Register your email above or follow on Twitter to receive this report every morning. Understand that this is aimed to help you but you are ultimately responsible for verifying the veracity and timing of the information below.
Published 3:00 AM / Updated 4:00 AM (No Further Overnight Updates for Today: For Webull Users the Markets are Now Open). Next update 3:00 AM Tomorrow.
1) MARKET FUTURES:
- US FUTURES MARKET
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS & MARKETS
- TAK Japanese shares fall on profit booking, checking U.S. rates
- Australian shares track Wall Street higher ahead of RBA meeting
- European Stocks Claw Back Record High, Erasing Pandemic Losses
2) MONDAY 04/05/2021 MARKET RECAP:
- 12:55 PM Redbook MoM 03/APR
- 12:55 PM Redbook YoY 03/APR
- 02:00 PM JOLTs Job Openings FEB
- 02:00 PM IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism APR
- 03:00 PM Consumer Inflation Expectations MAR
- 03:30 PM 42-Day Bill Auction
- 08:30 PM API Crude Oil Stock Change 02/APR
4) OVERNIGHT NEWS HEADING INTO TUESDAY 04/06/2021:
(Stock News Possibly Yet to be Traded 8:00 PM Monday – 4:00 AM Tuesday EST)
- CRIS FDA grants Orphan Drug tag to Curis for treatment of acute myeloid leukemia
- PSX PSXC Phillips 66 sees up to $700M Q1 loss from winter storm
- WKEY World premiere set with luxury watch NFT auction
- BA Japan Airlines to retire 777 planes with Pratt & Whitney engines after United incident
- MRAC Enjoy Technology in said in talks to go public through Marquee Raine Acquisition SPAC
- GILD BRPA NeuroRx Announces Zyesami™ (Aviptadil) Has Been Selected for Inclusion in NIH-Sponsored Global Clinical Trial to Include Aviptadil and Remdesivir
- KPTI Antengene Announces NMPA Approval of IND Application for ATG-019 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors or Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- TSLA Tesla Is Offering 50% Night Discount On Supercharging In California
- CS Credit Suisse cuts dividend on hit from hedge fund scandal; investment bank head and chief risk officer step down
- VIAC VIPS ViacomCBS, Vipshop, Farfetch sink amid NEW Credit Suisse block sales (Buying Opportunity)
- IDRV Silicon Valley self-driving startup Gatik works with Isuzu to build delivery trucks
- MA Mastercard Recovery Insights: E-commerce a Covid Lifeline for Retailers with Additional $900 Billion Spent Online Globally
- AAPL TSLA Tim Cook Says He Has ‘Great Admiration And Respect’ For Tesla As He Drops Hints On Apple Car
- GM F TM U.S. auto industry calls for government help as it warns of impact of chip shortage $GM $F $TM
- BV BrightView Shows Recurring Sales At 11x CFO
- GME GameStop Plan For Stock Sale ‘Understandable’ — Analyst Says Fundamentals Healthy
- CMCL Caledonia Mining Corporation Plc: Caledonia’s ‘Central Shaft’ Brought into Operation
- AMYT Amryt Announces the Appointment of Sheila Frame as President Americas
- MASI Study Investigates the Effects of Ventilatory Rescue Therapies on the Cerebral Oxygenation of COVID-19 Patients Using Masimo O3®
- ESLT Elbit Systems U.S. Subsidiary Completes the Acquisition of Sparton
- LOGI Logitech Announces Date for Release of Fourth Quarter and Full-Year Financial Results for FY 2021
(Stock News from 4:00 PM Monday – 8:00 PM Monday EST)
- MRVI Maravai LifeSciences expects Q1 revenue above consensus, prior guidance
- NCLH Norwegian Cruise Line CEO on how the company’s cruise ships can safely set sail once again
- KKR Closes US$15 Billion Asian Fund IV
- CARA Cara Therapeutics Set to Join S&P SmallCap 600
- GOL discloses preliminary traffic figures for March 2021
- IO ION announces preliminary first quarter 2021 results, an extension to participate in its Rights Offering and Exchange Offer to April 12th, and waiver of 95% Minimum Tender Condition
- AMAT Applied Materials Has Become a Favorite Way to Play the Chip Shortage. Analysts Are Raising Their Price Targets.
- NTR Nutrien Announces Release Dates for First Quarter 2021 Results and Conference Call
- BROG Brooge Energy Reports Revenue of $41.8 Million for the Year Ending December 31, 2020
- STBA S&T Bancorp To Webcast First Quarter Earnings Conference Call
- PRSP Perspecta Labs supports Department of Defense on multiple projects for large-scale experimentation and prototyping of dual-use 5G technologies
- ARC ARC Document Solutions to Report First Quarter Results on May 4, 2021
- NWE NorthWestern to Host First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Webinar and Notice of Virtual Annual Stockholders Meeting
- RNGR Ranger Energy Services, Inc. Announces Date for First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call
- FR First Industrial Realty Trust Announces Retirement of David G. Harker, Executive Vice President – Central Region
- GBOX GreenBox POS Raises 2021 Processing Volume Estimates
- AT Atlantic Power (AT) Announces Authorization of I Squared Transaction by Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- CALX Calix Announces Participation in Second Quarter 2021 Investor Conferences
- PUMP ProPetro Provides Leadership Team Update
- CSS Homebuilder Century Complete Enters North Florida Market with 6 New Communities
- SFTBF SoftBank to take 40% stake in Norway’s AutoStore for $2.8bn
- TCNNF Trulieve Announces Proposed Public Offering of Subordinate Voting Shares in the United States and Canada
- SPNE SeaSpine trades higher after announcing preliminary sales results
- OGI Organigram to Report Second Quarter Fiscal 2021 Results on April 13, 2021
- CARA Cara Therapeutics jumps 21% on move to SmallCap 600
- DOCN DMS EWTX VRCA PFSI CASI CLI GMS RSG RCUS FRME AVO OHI VZIO Last Week’s Notable Insider Buys: PennyMac Financial, Republic Services And More
- ILAL Insider Purchase 04/05/2021: International Land Alliance Inc (ILAL) Vice President and CFO Jason Sunstein Bought $63,940 of …
- OSG Insider Purchases 04/02/2021
—STOCK UPGRADES & DOWNGRADES
- MRVI Maravai LifeSciences Announces Launch of Proposed Secondary Offering of Class A Common Stock by Selling Stockholders
- ACBAU Ace Global Business Acquisition Limited Announces Pricing of $40 Million Initial Public Offering
- MRVL Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Announces Commencement of Exchange Offers and Consent Solicitations for Senior Notes
5) POSSIBLE DIP BUYING OPPORTUNITIES:
6) OTHER NEWS
- U.S. Yields’ Trek Higher Seen Getting Fuel From Real Rates
- FSLY, ZM, PTON, 2330-TW, RVP, GOEV, NIO, PLUG Cramer’s lightning round: Fastly has room to run to the upside
- MLND, PEBO, DSSI, BMTC, JCS INVESTIGATION ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates MLND, PEBO, DSSI, BMTC, JCS; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
- F, INTC, QCOM Why Shortages of a $1 Chip Sparked Crisis in Global Economy
- Is Fear Costing You Money?
- Food Delivery Services Market 2020-2024: Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast |Technavio
- Yellen calls for minimum global corporate income tax
7) UPCOMING EARNINGS:
- TUE 4/6 Paychex reports quarterly results.
- TUE 4/6 Applied Materials hosts a virtual investor meeting. Company leadership, including CEO Gary Dickerson, will discuss its technology road map and financial targets, among other topics.
- TUE 4/6 The Bureau of Labor Statistics releases the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for February. Consensus estimate is for 6.9 million job openings on the last business day of February, close to the January data.
- WED 4/7 Lamb Weston Holdings releases earnings.
- WED 4/7 The Federal Open Market Committee releases the minutes from its mid-March monetary-policy meeting.
- WED 4/7 Costco Wholesale reports sales data for March.
- WED 4/7 Lumen Technologies, formerly known as CenturyLink, holds an analyst day. Lumen’s President and CEO Jeff Storey, among others, will discuss strategies to grow the company.
- WED 4/7 Advanced Micro Devices and Xilinx hold special shareholder meetings to seek approval for their proposed merger, first announced in October. AMD has agreed to buy Xilinx in an all-stock transaction valued at about $35 billion.
- THURS 4/8 Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva discuss the global economy at the 2021 spring meetings of the IMF and World Bank Group.
- THURS 4/8 Conagra Brands, Constellation Brands, and Levi Strauss report quarterly results.
- THURS 4/8 The Department of Labor reports initial jobless claims for the week ending on April 3. The four-week moving average of jobless claims this past week was 719,000, the lowest since March of last year.
- THURS 4/8 The Federal Reserve reports consumer credit data for February. Total outstanding consumer credit stands at $4.18 trillion, slightly lower than the all-time peak of $4.21 trillion set in February of last year. In 2020, consumer credit remained essentially unchanged, the first year that it didn’t expand since 2008.
- FRI 4/9 The BLS reports the producer price index for March. Expectations are for a 0.5% month-over-month rise, matching the February increase.
VIDEO OF THE MORNING: CREDIT SUISSE STILL UNLOADING SHARES & CUTS DIVIDEND AS A RESULT OF LOSSES FROM DEFUNCT ARCHEGOS HEDGE FUND.
I provide this information for free. But if you like this information and wish to help me out, Join Webull, make a $100 deposit, and receive two free stocks. You can also make a one time donation.
- Commission Free Trades
- Commission Free Options
- Commission Free Shorting on the Most Liquid Securities
- Free Stocks for Joining and Depositing
- Built in Forum and News Feed
- Lend your Long Shares to Shorts for Passive Profit
- Great Charting and Analysis Tools
- Built in Stock Screener
- Transfer is Easy. If your Funds and Stocks are Settled you can Transfer Easily from one Broker to the Next.
- Transfer reimbursement (Up to a limited amount)
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a registered investment adviser, broker dealer, or member of any other association for research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever and I am NOT qualified to give financial advice. Investing/Trading in securities, particularly microcap securities, is highly speculative and carries and extremely high degree of risk. The information, analysis, and opinions listed above are my own and may not properly reflect the underlying conditions of a company or security. You should do your own Due Diligence. If you trade based on anything I have written YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY for your own trades and actions and hold the author of this publication harmless. If that isn’t clear enough DO NOT TRADE, ACT, OR INVEST, BASED UPON ANYTHING I WRITE OR RECOMMEND. There, we should be solid now.