Verizon [VZ] a Likely Safe bet in Uncertain Times
You can support the author of this blog by subscribing to Webull and beginning your trading journey with a successful deposit of $100. CLICK HERE (Trade from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern). Or you can donate HERE.
Verizon (VZ) dumped after earnings and can be considered a staple of everything someone wants in their retirement stock portfolio. Its boring, its safe, and they got a hell of a lot more cash and less debt than AT&T (T). During the time I’m writing this, VZ has a safe and sustainable 4.5% annual dividend. In my experience, popular high dividend securities with a reliable payout rates don’t like to drop to a point where the annual dividend becomes 5% or more of their overall share price. Such a commotion brings out the retirement portfolio managers. Unless, of course, there is something seriously wrong in the market. But lets say, for example, the trade turns against you. .. do you really mind bag holding Verizon? I sure as hell don’t. Its one of those stocks that, when trading at a proper level, I don’t mind securing some cash there for no other reason than I have no where else I want to put it. In fact, just add VZ to your watchlist and keep it there for that matter. Easily profitable with THIS STRATEGY. I’m good for a small starter position and will average down every 3% or so. Without further adieu, lets look at the numbers.
- Current Trading Value: $54.50 (Dipped after Earnings)
- P/E: 12.79 TTM (Trailing 12 months)
- Forward P/E: 10.93 (Analyst Expect Growth)
- P/S: 1.78 TTM
- EPS: 4.2985
- P/B: 3.35
- Revenue Per Share: $30.99 (TTM)
- Cashflow Per Share: 5.36 (MRQ) (Most Recent Quarter)
- Book Value Per Share: $16.40 (MRQ)
- Debt to Asset Ratio: 78.11
- Float: 4.14B
- Quarterly Earnings Growth YoY: -10.00% (COVID+Competition)
- Total Cash: $22.17B (MRQ)
- Total Debt: $150.55B (MRQ)
- Operating Cash Flow: $44.77B (TTM)
- Levered Free Cash Flow: $13.66B (TTM)
- EBITDA: 4.52B
- Institutional Ownership 66.32%
- Insider Ownership 0.03%
- Dividend Payout Ratio 57.79% (Easily Sustainable)
- Analyst Ratings: 62.07% Hold / 24.14% Buy / 10.34% Strong Buy out of 29 analysts (Webull)
- Price targets Low Med High: $45.00/$60.94/$70.00
- Next Earnings Expected 04/21/2021 Pre Market
It important that you do your own research! I can often overlook things. Always do your own DD!
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a registered investment adviser, broker dealer, or member of any other association for research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever and I am NOT qualified to give financial advice. Investing/Trading in securities, particularly microcap securities, is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. The information, analysis, and opinions listed above are my own and may not properly reflect the underlying conditions of a company or security. You should do your own Due Diligence. If you trade based on anything I have written YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY for your own trades and actions and hold the author of this publication harmless. If that isn’t clear enough DO NOT TRADE, ACT, OR INVEST, BASED UPON ANYTHING I WRITE OR RECOMMEND. There, we should be solid now.
I provide this information for free. But if you like this information and wish to help me out, Join Webull, make a $100 deposit, and receive two free stocks. You can also make a one time donation.
- Commission Free Trades
- Commission Free Options
- Commission Free Shorting on the Most Liquid Securities
- Free Stocks for Joining and Depositing
- Built in Forum and News Feed
- Lend your Long Shares to Shorts for Passive Profit
- Great Charting and Analysis Tools
- Built in Stock Screener
- Transfer is Easy. If your Funds and Stocks are Settled you can Transfer Easily from one Broker to the Next.
- Transfer reimbursement (Up to a limited amount)